Images from Cumbria

I've returned from a week staying with my folks in Cumbria, aka the Lake District. I was incredibly lucky with amazing weather so spent three glorious days sitting in the sunshine making cards. Below are some of the images I took around my mum and dad's house: 

This sign for 'dirty carrots' still makes me laugh. Spotted in the local shop in the village where I was born.
Managed to get quite close to some of the birds that my mum and dad feed in the garden as the weather was so mild. At times they can have nearly 100 birds waiting to be fed. I love the red of the Japanese maple coming through.
As the weather was so mild there were still lots of flowers around. My mum dries these as well, the colours were fabulous.

My dad loves growing his veg in the garden. The sunshine through the leaves was amazing.
My mum told me of this fantastic lichen in the garden which was a photo opportunity I couldn't resist.
And here is Dad hard at work in the garden. Both he and mum were out in the garden most mornings while I was there. Not bad for 70!
Finally this is moss on the wall inspired by BBC's Autumnwatch. I was quite pleased with the results!






Comments

Popular Posts