Off to see the Queen

It was hard not to miss that it was Jubilee Weekend this week and I was close to Jubilee overload. However much to the annoyance of OH I wanted to go and see the Queen at some point. So off I went to see I could sneak a peak so that I could say I was there, and soak up the atmosphere. So I got off at Pimlico and wandered through the streets. My aim was to go up to St James' Park but I ended up by the side of Westminster Abbey so thought I'd try my luck. Now I'll warn you I didn't get any pictures of the Queen, Kate or William but I did get a glimpse of them but here are some of the shots I did get:


 Like something out of a book....
 This was off to pick up Queen after the Lunch at Westminster Hall so was empty but great to see it go past with bells ringing and crowds starting to cheer

 All the Queen's horses....

 I love the livery
Great reflections in a tuba
 I saw this guy a little later on TV shouting the hip hip hurray!

Waiting for them to go past....

As you can probably tell I didn't have a great view for photos for the parade....


 Now this made me laugh - after the Queen went up Horseguards a coach load of Beefeaters drove past. Apologies - not the best picture....
And finally a great view of Westminster Abbey on the way back to the Tube. I'm afraid I chickened out and didn't go down to the Mall as I'm really not very good with crowds plus the weather took a turn for the worse. However I did get to catch the Balcony View from the comfort of my own home. Once in a lifetime, an amazing women and I'm very glad I made the effort!

Comments

Popular Posts