Lambeth Country Fair


Oh blimey it's nearly a month since I last wrote! How time flies. Unfortunately the weather hasn't been great and then I came down with an awful virus which took ages to recover from on top of which it's the busiest time of the year at work. I know excuses, excuses.... Anyway in mid September (I know mid September, told you I was behind in blogging), it was the annual event of Lambeth Country Fair.

This is one of my favourite events in the Brixtonite calendar (Brixtonite = someone who lives in Brixton) as it's like country fairs I went to as a kid but with a reggae stage! And this year I think was the busiest I've ever seen it!
We first wanted to go to the Vauxhall City Farm area but there was a queue to get in so we wandered up to the Flower and Veg tent, usually a haven of tranquillity but this year even this was heaving with people looking at the vegetable sculpture. Above is a pastiche (is that even the right word?) of Antony Gomley's sculpture.
And here is an amazing Jarvis Cocker, yes him off of Pulp made from veg. I think this one.
 
And look at these amazing homegrown apples!

We then luckily made it into the Vauxhall City Farm which always makes me smile.
And has my favourite chicken called Guiness (OK I'll let you guess which one is which!)
 And how beautiful is this sheep complete with earrings!
Now you can't have a country fair without Morris Dancers. These guys are here every year and are fab. They were even in the Olympics closing ceremony so they're proper famous! And how do I know - because I spotted them on the TV - I'm not sure if this is good or bad....
Another regular of Lambeth Country Fair is Chucklehead cider. Now we went down on Sunday afternoon and my friend Gary was far from pleased to discover that they had sold out! Can you imagine!! He was gutted! Good for them mind, and probably his head as it's like rocket fuel!
But as you can see the sun was out, blue skies and everything
With young and old enjoying the reggae from the stage. Another year, another successful event! Roll on next year though if gets any busier it could be a nightmare!





Comments

Popular Posts