A Wet Weekend

Disaster has struck this week in that I have managed to let the muscles in my left arm get so tight that they are rubbing on my nerve. Yes ouch! So off I went to my beloved Dahnen who along with the Deep Muscle Massage which he normally gives me does sports massage. And the prognosis is that I can't crochet for 2 weeks. TWO WEEKS! I was distraught... Anyway onwards and upwards! Here is what I finished just before I had to take things easy for my brother in law's birthday:
Taken from Emily Hogarth's 'The Crafter's Guide to Papercutting'. Took much longer than I thought but I enjoyed it and was happy with the outcome.

I did this for my friend who is 60 next week. I started after  my arm started to play up so wasn't as detailed as I'd like but here me go!

But today was a wet rainy Sunday so OH and I popped to the British Museum. Seems that every man and his dog had the idea but I took a few snaps:
Loved this little fella made out of gold - I think he was Roman. The detail was amazing!
Again I think this is Roman but really reminded me of a similar figurine in the V&A by Picasso
Now how is this for a bit of bling! A piece from the Snettisham Hoard which I think is Anglo Saxon
This is also from the Hoard - the detail again is incredible!
We also had a look in the South American galleries which was inspired by watching  Jago Cooper's fab series on the History of South America. Really liked both above and below in B&W
Finally one of my favourite pieces at the BM is a figure from Easter Island. Love it!
Hoping though that next week is a little drier as it was so wet, cold and miserable....





Comments

  1. Hi,
    Thanks for sharing use full information. Massage Chinese London is now available in London. Explore the world of magic and sensation as our masseuses have magic in their hands. Visit the website to know more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts