Blue Blue Electric Blue

Do you remember this which I first wrote about back in April 2013
Well I've finally finished it! 
I was worried that it wouldn't look like the original picture and lost faith half way through stitching it. But over Christmas I came back to it with fresh eyes and a renewed vigour. What do you think? 
 Here is the photo it was based on. 
 I've also been having a bit of a sort out through out the flat and found this piece which I'd started at least five years ago. I was so close to finishing it but for some reason I put it to one side and it ended up buried under other projects and material. So once I'd finished my Lakeland reflections I figured I should buckle down and finish it. And boy was I glad that I did. It's the first time I'd started a piece with the intention of keeping it for myself and I think I'm a little bit in love with it! I'm not sure the photo does it justice but the further away you step back from it the more it looks like a photo. A modern day Impressionist picture! 
Do you also remember me talking about being inspired by the Great British Sewing Bee and wanting to make some clothes back in July 2013
 Well here is the finished product. I'd completed it a few months ago but realised that I completely forgot to blog about it! 
 It was a fairly basic pattern and was meant to only take a couple of hours but it did seem to take for ever! 
But I really enjoyed the whole process and was happy with the end result. 
I was so inspired that look, I made another! 
Admittedly I was advised during the whole making process by my mum, inspiration for all of my creative endeavours. She laughed at the fabric (we have opposing tastes when it comes to fabrics) but I've worn it a couple of times and have received complements from people who didn't even realise it was handmade! So this has inspired me to do even more this year so watch this space! 


Comments

Popular Posts