Stockwell Festival

Blimey it's been a busy old couple of weeks. So many fun things to do and not enough time! You may recall I went to the Lambeth Country Fair back in July. I think I may have forgotten to mention that some of my pictures were then featured in Brixton Blog. Anyway someone from the Stockwell Festival spotted them and asked me if I would take photos of the event for them. I was well chuffed!

I wasn't quite sure what to expect but it turned out to be a great day. Here is a selection of what was going on:
 Ok so first up the main stage which was actually a bus - clever idea! Anyway I'd seen Naomi Keysha at Splash and really enjoyed her stuff. Actually found myself singing along.... 

 Cassandra London did some amazing reggae
Hackney based singer Aleisha Lee 
 There was loads of things for kids to do including an Art4space free clay workshop
 Amazing cakes - all vegan - very tempting but to my shame I'd wolfed down a hog roast bun so was a little but full.... 
 Balloons but this guy wasn't relaxed when I took his photo - I did ask him if it was OK!
There was a great workshop given by Swingland 
And an amazing body popping display by Soul Footwork 
 Yep you've guessed it we've switch to landscape - more of Soul Footwork 
 And Swingland giving a demonstration before their workshop 
 I missed these guys from Entwined Shades Dance Company giving their Zumba demo
But did catch this lot giving a demonstration. The tent was heaving and I struggled to get a decent shot! 
 And finally there were a lot of dogs. Battersea Dogs and Cats Home had an arena where people could enter their dogs in various competitions such as Most Obedient Dog, Best Trick, Best Biscuit Catcher and Cutest Dog. And so I'm going to end with a dog fest. There were just soooo many cute dogs! 









Told you - cute dogs. Anyway want to read more? Check out my piece in 

Comments

  1. Hi

    like your blog

    I live and work in Stockwell

    Stockwell is busy city

    I am working as Man With Van in Stockwell


    Man Van Stockwell


    I have big van and its clean and i have lot of straps and blanks to protect your stuff.

    I am hard working and help with loading and unloading too.

    So if you need help with moving please remember my website

    http://www.removalsmanvanhire.com/man-van-hire-stockwell.html

    Call 07894536780

    I can provide Moving Boxes - I have Tool Box i can disassemble furniture or washing machine etc

    Removal Van Stockwell Removals Van Stockwell Removal Company Stockwell Man with Van Stockwell Moving Company Stockwell Moving Home Stockwell Moving Help Stockwell man and van Stockwell flat removals Stockwell, House removals Stockwell, small removals Stockwell, man with van hire Stockwell,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m really amazed with your posting skills as well as with the layout on your blog site. Is this a paid style or did you modify it yourself? Either way keep up the pleasant quality writing, it is rare to see a great site such as this one these days.I recently came to know about http://uklocalmovers.co.uk/, their House Removals Brixton are very effective.
    House Removals Brixton

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts