Lake District highlights

So as mentioned in my previous post I recently went up to see my folks in Cumbria. I must admit that this was at the start of the month but I came down with a virus whilst on holiday and have only recently started to feel better. After mum and I had visited the South Lakes Safari Zoo she was the first person to come down with the bug so the following day dad and I went for a short drive over to Coniston as it was such a gorgeous day.
 We then drove over to Tarn Hows which is a favourite walk as the views are stunning but also it's quite a gentle walk for my dad who can't walk  that far as he has severe problems with his back.

 The colours were stunning and was really nice to spend some time with just my dad. One of the highlights, apart from the colours, was this robin which was more than happy to pose for photos. Unfortunately we didn't have anything for it to eat but it was magical to be so close to a wild bird.

Comments

Popular Posts