Lambeth Country Fair 2015

If you know me, or are a regular reader then you'll know one of my favourite events in the Brixton calendar is the Lambeth Country Fair. I've been going on and off for at least 18 years and my love for the event has rarely diminished. And I love taking photos of the event. I've been regularly taking photos of the event for six years now and the challenge is to try and keep the images fresh. See what you think:
Possibly cheesy but these letters were a great landmark for meeting people and a bit of fun
Brymills Competitive Sheep Show - yes these scenes were in Brixton - so reminds me of my youth spent in rural Cumbria




Lambeth Country Fair wouldn't be the same without Berkley Owls. I ensured I was there early to avoid the crowds. Even first thing the stand was popular


Love the reflection of the crowds in the eyes of this owl
Next up Vauxhall City Farm. Again arrived early to avoid the hoards, which mainly comprises of little people which can be dangerous if you're wearing flip flops!
This photo of the Alpacas reminds me of a Pushmepullme!

Show regular - Trevor the Turkey! Always showing off



The usual Sheep Shearer was apparently ill so Stuart Barnes who normally does the Dog and Duck Show stepped in with his sheep. And look he has one called Martha who is sadly a Mule... story of my life :)
Caught a rousing performance by the South London Choir on the Village Green

Queues for Jerk Chicken started early - my friends ended up queuing for 45 minutes! But the food was definitely worth the wait
And there was a fab stall selling herbs
There was a short break during the Brymills Competitive Sheep Show so I had a quick wander around the tent
Loved this guy with his horns - and was able to get up close
Though this also made me smile! Animals do the funniest things!! 
Next  up Morris Dancing. These guys are Show regulars and were involved in the Olympics 2012 Opening Ceremony. There is nothing more English than Morris Dancing


The Knights of the Damned are another set of regulars but some how I've always managed to miss them in previous years (possibly because I've opted to watch the Camel Racing) but I ensured I had the right lens and was very pleased with these shots!







The marquee is always very popular, especially the fun vegetable animal competition which this year was decided by Public Vote.
Elsewhere in the marquee it was jamming... sorry couldn't resist!!
Can't forget the scarecrow competition. Here are my three favourites
This one was inspired by Titanic


And to end one of my favourite pics of the weekend which includes my friend Lauren who I didn't realize was there waving up at me whilst I was taking an overhead crowd shot. Was great to catch up with her and the family. So that's it's for another year. There was so much I missed, including the Main Stage! But the event gets bigger and bigger every year and there is only so much a girl can fit in to one day.

Comments

Popular Posts