Made By Me

Like lots of people I'm sure I quickly became a Great British Sewing Bee addict. My mum always used to make clothes for me when I was a kid but sadly I never got the bug. Until now. And I'm rubbish at sharing these for some reason. Possibly because I struggle to take decent photos of them. I keep meaning to sort of my craft room so that there is a blank wall where I can take photos but until then we'll have to make do with photos taken in the corridor!
 First up my new favourite thing. I got the Trapeze Dress pattern from Merchant and Mills for Christmas and it easily one of my favourite things. It's great with a pair of leggings and boots. And soooooo comfy! And easy to make - yay!! I did get stuck during making the first one (above) as it as a bodice underneath which took me a while to work out how its stitched together but once I'd cracked it was off!
 This is my 'all at sea' dress

 And this is for when I'm 'buzzing!' - I bought this material using a gift voucher from my big sis for my birthday. Really nice patterned linen from John Lewis. And I thought I'd try the short sleeved version of the dress. It was great to buy the fabric and then make the dress in time to go and celebrate my birthday (which is in May - that's how long I've taken to share these with you!)


 Finally this is an easy camisa top from Burda Style (7509) using a piece of lawn fabric my mum gave me. This was my first attempt at binding which I did all by hand to give it a neater feel. It looks great but doing it by hand it one of the most torturous things I've ever done. Crazy given my love of cross stitch!
 But the pain was worth it for the finish.
So what do you think? Need to pull my finger out and photograph more finished items which I will do soon. Work in progress are a shirt, a 50s dress and a long sleeved top using a really nice piece of fabric from Birch Fabrics. My wardrobe has never looked so good - or individual! I love making my own clothes and can highly recommend it!! 

Comments

Popular Posts