Dinner Guests

As you may know I live in central Brixton but luckily where I live is surrounded by a huge communal garden. I have bird feeders which seem to attract more and more birds which is fantastic. Yesterday I decided I would take a few snaps of some of the visitors. Sadly everyone was photo shy except the cheeky starlings. 

A lot of people seem to be very negative about these little beauties but their numbers are falling so I welcome there arrival. For the longest of times I have only seen three at a time but in recent weeks their numbers have soared to at least seven!


Despite there being three feeders they still like to have a fight over dinner. Some people just have no table manners! 
Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I can get some decent shots of the seventeen or so House Sparrows who have made their home in the garden, or the Blue Tit, Robin, Wren, Dunnock, Green Finch or Lesser Spotted Woodpecker I've seen. The city - there is more wildlife than you think!

Comments

Popular Posts