A Day out in Margate

Oh my! I've just realised that while I wrote this post back in August but hadn't published it! So here is the post in full...

I'd been toying with the idea of going to Margate for quite sometime since I'd read about Dreamland which had been designed by Wayne Hemmingway. We almost went in May for my birthday but the timings didn't work so when OH had a few days off just before the weekend we opted to jump on the train and check it out. It was a baking, August day so the beach which was heaving.
Not been sun seekers we walked past the sunbathers on the beach and went to check out the Turner Gallery which opened a couple of years ago 
 With amazing views of the sea it reminded me of Tate St Ives
 We then went for a walk around the Harbour wall where we saw lots of people enjoying the sunshine though I must admit the smell from the seaweed in the Harbour was pretty rank.
 We then popped to see the famous Shell Grotto. The pictures I took were rubbish so here is a picture of the Tudor House we spotted on the way to the Grotto which was random to say the least! 
 And finally Dreamland which is an Instagram dream!The colours were so vibrant and the blue sky certainly helped 
Sadly we didn't go on any of the rides - I don't think OH was that impressed but I loved it and if you go with like minded people you will have a ball! 

So there we have it. While part of Margate is a bit run down the beach looked amazing, the gallery was a lovely space, the Old Town was lovely and I loved the vintage, bright colours of Dreamland. 

Comments

Popular Posts