Orchids at Kew

So this weekend I headed off to Kew with my photo buddy for the annual pilgrimage that is Orchid festival at Kew.  The theme this year was India and I'd convinced myself that there were lots of orchids I'd never, ever, ever seen before only to find I'd photographed lots of them last year! Ah well. Here are some of my favourites starting in the cacti section.
 Throughout the conservatory there were references to India. It took a while to spot this monkey placed at the top of one of the pillars
 These two images remind me of little animals with fangs
 There was a lot of colour that wasn't necessarily an orchid!
 There were also lots of berries 
 and seeds which gave great texture to the support plants
 But there were orchids 
 or flowers everywhere 

 

Comments

Popular Posts