Spring in Holland Park

Spring is teasing us this year and is slow to emerge. I suggested to OH that we head over to Holland Park to search for signs of spring. They were there but I think we were a week or so too early to enjoy it's full glory. We managed to get off at the wrong stop on the tube, well not quite the wrong stop but not our usual stop so we came at the park at a different angle and stumbled across some magnificent tree ferns we'd not seen before. 



Through out the park the trees were slowly showing off their new leaves

And there were splashes of daffodils everywhere. 
I hadn't noticed before that Holland Park has a wonderful collection of camilias. 




And I hadn't realised that there was a stunning border full of helebores. It was quite glorious. 



We were lucky and saw this magnificent blossom. And the smell was incredible


And with a final hit of spring colour I'll end on the subtle pink of this magnolia. 

Comments

Popular Posts